Monday, November 19, 2007

My Mom's Birthday Present

My mom had her birthday earlier this month and the present I made her finally arrived in the mail today. So here it is. I've been playing around with the spiral stitch lately, so of course her present was made with the spiral stitch also. The earrings are made with a single spiral stitch. The earrings I designed myself with gold filled wire as the base. It was made with myuki delica seed beads, fresh water pearls and gold filled spacer beads. I wanted to incorporate the spiral stitch into the earrings so that they would go perfectly with the necklace and that is why I made the hoop shape with the gold wire.
The necklace was made using the the double spiral stitch with varying patterns in the seed beads in each section. Each spiral was either made with white freshwater pearls or dyed copper freshwater pearls. The large focal beads were made from cherry quartz and were spaced out with gold filled beads, copper freshwater pearls and white freshwater pearls. The cherry quartz seemed to bring all of the copper and gold together in the piece. All in all the necklace and earrings turned out perfect. It is my most favorite piece to date.




4 comments:

ME! said...

Rach, Mom just loves her necklace and earrings and of course it looks amazing on her. She has always looked good in gold with her blond hair. the copper pearls and cherry quartz brings out her rosy cheeks. Truly beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing. I am sure Mom loves it. Leora

Rach said...

Thanks guys, I had fun making it. I think I'm about sprialed out. I'm going to try something new for my next project.

Anonymous said...

hello !! I'm a french beader and I really like your work ! this present for your mother is really really beautiful !