Friday, January 18, 2008

Bridesmaid Jewelry

These are some necklaces that I made back in November for a customer that just got married this month. Her colors were burgundy and champagne. She had asked for something simple and elegant in the colors of her wedding and she didn't want to go broke at the same time. So this is what I came up with. The necklaces are made up with an assortment of swarvoski crystals, swarvoski pearls, fire polished czech beads, and sterling silver delica seed beads. The pendant portion of the necklace has two sides, one with the pearl in the center and the other with the crystal in the center.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blackberries in Winter

This necklace was made for a friend of mine who for the past few years has been giving me the coolest beading calendars every Christmas. So this year I decided that I was going to make her a super cool piece of jewelry. I didn't really know what I was going to do at first, but then I made the Drops of Water bracelet and decided that I wanted to do something like that and different at the same time. So I started rummaging through all of my beads until I came up with the bead assortment below.

Once I had all of my beads picked out, I began working on the first part which was the center beaded tube below. I used the tubular peyote stitch to achieve the shape and form that I wanted.
Once I finished beading the center piece I then started laying out the basics of the necklace to try and figure out exactly how the finished product would look. I knew that I wanted some more beaded beads mixed in with the stone beads and the bali silver, but I wasn't sure what kind, so I made some beaded beads with just the miyuki seed beads. That just didn't look quite right to I began to bead a few small beaded beads with the miyuki and glass drop beads and that worked perfectly. I really liked how the smaller ones looked like blackberries also. Once I had the beaded beads made I then went ahead a strung the whole thing together on Beadalon 19 strand .024 wire. The necklace itself wasn't too heavy, but I didn't want to take any chances, so I made sure to use the thicker of wire I had.