Friday, September 7, 2007

Sierra Vista Skies

This necklace is one of the first pieces that I had made to sell in my Etsy store and I finally sold it yesterday to a woman that works upstairs from me. She bought it for a friend who just had a birthday recently. Lucky friend! I just love this necklace and the colors in it. I will miss seeing it with all of the other completed work in my work space. I went ahead and lengthened the necklace a few inches for her last night. I also made some earrings to go with it. The earrings are super cool. I got the idea from the October 2007 issue of Bead & Button magazine and tweaked it a bit to my own style and likings. The idea came from artist Rebecca Cretti on page 50 if anyone is interested. I will definitely be playing around with the brick stitch in the future as I had fun using it for these earrings. They just look so elegant when they are being worn. I think I just might have to make myself a pair one of these days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love you beautiful necklace and earring set. What a wonderful gift from a friend.
Cori

Holly said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! I just love your work.

That said...

Tag - you’re it!

Etsy Random 8 Meme

Check it out here:
http://freshpeachesdesigns.blogspot.com

Rach said...

Thanks CCdesign and fresh peaches designs. The necklace and earring set were probably my favorites to date. I just really like the colors involved in the peice.

Unknown said...

Rachel,
Hi I was just visiting your blog again and I was going to comment on your earrings. I noticed I already commented on ow much I really like them. LOL
Cori

Rach said...

Thank you so much Cori, it's nice to hear that people other than myself and family likes the beadwork here.