Thursday, September 4, 2008

Something for me!

Okay so I haven't made a whole lot lately and I decided to just make something for myself as I rarely do that anymore. So I bought a bunch of different Lucite cabs a while back thinking that they would turn into something cool one day and I finally got them out and started working with them. They are the blue and white ones in the picture above. I didn't want to bead them with just blue and white, so I went through my boxes of seed beads and picked out two colors that I thought really complimented them. The first is a delica seed bead called lined ruby/black.
The other is called opaque cactus luster.

I decided to bead the cabs with the two colors and soon realized that some of the cabs would also look good with a blue delica so I chose to use one called silver lined sapphire. I plan on weaving the cabs together some how to form a bracelet. So in the next few days I should be finished and I will post the final piece here.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

it's so funny when you see that other beaders use the same tools you do. I love using my paint dish for my beads as well :D

Discursivelyhappy said...

I am loving your jewelry. Especially the MIL neckalace below, beautiful!

Soho500 said...

Hey there,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Great Blog!! I personally loved your pics .... Must admit you have a great sense of style. Keep up the good work.
PS: I have initiated an idea to create a fashion and style blogroll where bloggers from the jewelry, fashion, style and beauty could participate.
All you need to do is to add my blog link to your blog and i'll do the same.
That way, we could have a mutual partnership and we could refer visitors to each other's blog.
Please let me know if you would be interested.

Thanks!
Barbara and Ellen
The Gals at SoHo
http://sohoaccessories.blogspot.com

Candi said...

Your jewelry is beautiful!