Sunday, October 28, 2007

Starry Night Skies

Lately, I have been playing around with the spiral stitch. It really is a fun stitch to do and the finished product is just beautiful.




With this necklace I used a double spiral stitch with peridot chips and delica beads. I used matte black hexagon toho beads as the base for the stitch. While it looks great, using the hexagon beads, it was kind of hard to do the stitch with them. They would line up and it was hard to get the needle where it needed to be at times. The finished product did turn out looking great in any case.



The focal bead is another bead made by Joe from Avenue Beads, http://www.avenuebeads.com/ . I like this bead because it has a lot of really nice green colors in it, like aqua, turquoise, and a little lime. They look really good with the black background and the high gloss finish to the glass.



I also used russian amozonite, the horse eye shaped beads, in this necklace. I have had these beads since the beginning of the year and have just been waiting to use them in a piece of jewelry. The color is just perfect for this necklace.



This necklace can be bought in my etsy store just click here for more details: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7624040




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this one. I have also been trying to do a double spiral. I just can't make it work right. Leora

Rach said...

The etsybead team that I'm on wants me to do something like a tutorial with pics so maybe I'll do it on the double spiral.