Monday, October 8, 2007

Purple Haze

I have been pondering on using different sizes of beads in a piece where the beads would start out small and grow larger and then taper off again to the smallest beads. Then I came upon No Easy Beads blog where she had found an article in the step by step magazine that did exactly that. I haven't seen the article, but I saw No Easy Beads work and thought that is just what I was thinking of so I went ahead and messed around with my beads and came up with this bracelet. I used a variety of beads which consisted of delica beads in sizes 11, 10 and 8. I also used toho triangular beads for this piece. I think that the bracelet turned out really well and I really like how it looks on the wrist. I am in the process of making another bracelet similar to this one for myself in off white and aqua colors that I will post as soon as it is finished.




2 comments:

The Lone Beader said...

This pattern is wonderful! Thanks for sharing it:)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was wondering if you would be interested in making a post about a charity project called Nothing But Red.

NBR is an anthology of responses to the "honor killing" - the stoning death - of Du'a Khalil last April and to the larger issue of violence against women. We're currently open for submissions and we're looking for poetry, fiction, essays and visual art.

Please email me with any questions. We'd love to be able to spread the word to your readers.

Thank you for your time,
Samantha
nothingbutred.wordpress.com