Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stormy Mountains

This cab is cut from green opal. It is superb! I bought it at one of the local bead stores here in Kansas City. I liked it because it looks like a mountain scene with lightning flashing off of the top of the mountains. It reminds me of two places. First is when I was about 7 or 8 ,living in Tooele, Utah,watching a storm heading into town with lightning flashing off of the Rockys. The other place that it reminds me of is Alamogordo, NM. We used to have some good lightning shows come through there too. Living here in the midwest you don't get to see the good storms passing through the mountain ranges, since there aren't any mountains. I miss that. Oh, the good old days.

So since I can't watch the storms I guess this next project will have to hold me over until I can return. I plan on beading an evergreen scene around this cab with a starry night peeking through the trees. Doesn't that sound cool? I think it will be. The trick will be getting it to look the way I see it in my minds eye. Until then here is the cab to ponder upon.


3 comments:

Luchi said...

Tag! You are it! Check my blog to find out what to do next!
http://luchicreations.blogspot.com

Luchi said...

P.S. Cool opal!

Rach said...

Thanks l. This is the 2nd tag I've gotten in the past week. ha